View Single Post
      03-29-2011, 01:25 PM   #1
Radioactive
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X3 28i '10 535i '04 325i

Former/present BMW owners other than F25

I'm interested to know your experiences with reliability issues concerning BMWs. I was ready last week to pull the plug and order a new X3. On Thursday my wife, who drives a 2010 535i called on her way to the airport to tell me the “engine malfunction” light came on. The time she made it to the airport the car was sputtering and screeching. The dreaded fuel pump. Before this car we had a 2006 525i with a couple of issues and my daughter's 2004 325i has a interior sunroof door that is defective plus other issues over the years. All cars were purchased new and maintained. Where as my present Ford Freestyle and former Jeeps were almost trouble free. Then to top it off, their BMW's “premium” service departments seem to be only concerned that you give five stars on their surveys.

I think the car is absolutely beautiful in any color and it fits exactly what I'm looking for. I'm just concerned based on my experience and some of threads on this board that I'll be stuck someday out in the American southwest desert in the middle of nowhere. I know every car manufacture was some problems. I just hope this is not a 1960's Jag/MG situation.

Comments.....
Appreciate 0