View Single Post
      01-24-2014, 07:26 AM   #7
serj.ru
Rep
Drives: Alpina XD3, M3 e92

The 1st reason is that N57s is the same engine as already available 30/35d. Almost the same weight, construction, etc. Even the same ZF transmission (I suppose different settings for transmission of course).
The 2nd reason is that petrol V8 has a very different behavior. I already have M3 with this V8 and it's temper is very, very different! While speaking only 0-50 acceleration, mine F25 30d is much more predictable and following the pedal instantly. I do like it very much, while having lack of power at high speeds.
I like how my M3 accelerates after 100mph and want something like it in my X3.

What about M X3 - there are only rumors about it and nobody knows, if it will be released or not.

Alpina, unfortunately, made only 318hp version of X3… Not the 381 hp. I continue to think, that the only reason is marketing.

The question about space for 3 turbochargers under the hood of F25 is very interesting. Sounds reasonable. I'll try to find X5 M50d somewhere here and take a look at how these chargers are situated and if there is need in an additional intercooler(s)? But I think, that custom hood (like M3 has) could help me to solve the problem, if it exists.
Appreciate 0