View Single Post
      12-09-2014, 12:49 PM   #28
n55x3
Captain
Rep
Drives: n55 BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashnbrn5 View Post
N55 x3. The Bridgestone's are more responsive than the DWS you think? from an x3 standpoint? I would love to get Michelin's on my next BMW
I do think the Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS tires would be a little more responsive than the DWS but again they give up a little in the snow performance category in my experience. Plus the RE960AS are RFT so if that's a concern then it's one of the better choices in my mind (actually the only 'ultra high performance' all season that is available in RFT I believe).

Last winter we had what I would consider an 'epic' winter here in Ohio. Snow on the ground for weeks at a time, side streets unplowed and just compacted in many cases. On the really bad days I skipped driving my RWD 335i and drove the X3 with RE960AS and they were pretty good. Never once was I worried about getting stuck or sliding off the road, even in deeper snow. If we had DWS on there during those days I'm sure I would have felt even more comfortable than with the RE960AS. Furthermore, if my crystal ball was working and told me the next 3-4 winters would be the same or worse no doubt I'd have gone with DWS. Since I consider our last winter an anomaly I went with a more performance oriented tire.

I really don't think you can go wrong with either one at the end of the day. All the tires mentioned in this thread are highly rated on tirerack.
Appreciate 1