Private First Class
India
Rep
Drives: E90 320D, F25 X3 30D

Garage List
2011 BMW 320D  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Dealers cannot change official FA. They must order any FA Change from BMW AG, and BMW AG will create a new FA File for car, and send it to dealer to be loaded with ISTA/P and car programmed.

If you have a dealer that changed FA in friend's car to add 2TB SAT, they could only have used E-Sys to do so, in which case the dealer has gone rouge, and they are operating outside the bounds of dealership.

In any case, 2TB in FA may result in expectation of different hardware and hence cause error in ISTA/P. There is no reason though that you can't just add 2TB to FA, without writing FA to car, but load modified FA for Coding purpose and FA Code GWS for 2TB.
Quick question after doing some more reading.

If I change the VO in the salapa element it will code the GWS/ICM itself? So I won't have to code them for sports auto after?

If it gives me an error like you mention above, can I just clear it and code the gws/icm?

Also if I don't change salapa element and I just code gws/icm, will the shifting behavior change? I don't want to enable paddles.

Lastly, do I need to code ICM also? Ive seen conflicting posts in different forums, some give some values to be changed in ICM, while you say GWS is enough?

Thanks a ton for any help.
Appreciate 0