View Single Post
      10-21-2014, 06:58 PM   #5
happy_chrissy
Rookie
Rep
Drives: 2015' X3 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCat View Post
Hi all-I'm getting close to decision time on adding a BMW extended warranty to my 2011 X335i....mine was one of the early ones-picked it up in mid March, 2011, just turned over 48,000 miles. It has been a joy to own, and I plan to keep it for at least a few more years. I know this is essentially a flip of the coin/personal question, but really don't know what the likely failures are and costs I'd be looking at without the coverage. Also got sticker shock on plan options; $4500 for 3 yr/100k platinum, $4100 for Gold, or $2100 for Powertrain Plus. This from my dealer that I've been very happy with overall-my 1 big issue w/ the car was the infamous pano roof rattle, which after several attempts they got fixed and has been rattle free for over a year...

So..what is the consensus on this...good deal? Needed?

Thanks for any input,

Dan
$4500? That is almost as much they quoted me I have a 2015. I just brought the car and was told that the longer you wait, the higher the plan would be if you wait longer. I am still undecided however, I have been looking at the plans and the cheapest quote I received was from $4390 to $3300. I may bite the bullet and get it in a few months. I am thinking of skipping the maintenance plan too.
Appreciate 0