10-19-2012, 11:35 AM   #4
Rich4
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F25 30d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cropwell View Post
Other problem seems to be that when driving at say 70mph I cannot get cool air to the vents in the centre console when using the rotary red/blue control above the radio, this is even with vents fully open. Only way to get cool air is to turn down temperature dial and then cabin temp. drops !

On all the other BMW's I have been able to get a mixture of warm air in cabin/footwell and cool air to the face from the central air vents ?

Has anybody experienced any similar problems? I am womdering if there is a fault on the installation from the factory?
With all other BMW's ventilation & air con has functioned faultlessly.
Cropwell, Thanks for highlighting and explaining this fact in your last two posts, as I too wondered why the fresh-cool airflow dependant on the red/blue rotary dial has been so ineffective compared with my previous BMWs.
After six months ownership I thought I had cracked all its idiosyncrasies but it seems yet another backward step for BMW. Controlling the rate of inflow from the central vent with the fan adjustment (when this wasn’t necessary before) is counter-productive as it will presumably also affect the rate of outflow from the other air vents, and increases the general cabin noise level which in my opinion is already excessive—all in the name of ‘progress’.

In the past, this was the one big differentiating feature for me with BMW in that you could get heat in the car as well as cool fresh-air to the face, which wasn't the case with most cars, and certainly a big negative with Audi.
Appreciate 0