View Single Post
      07-11-2015, 07:57 AM   #1
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

!X3 Acceleration Files - Master List!

A much larger project than first anticipated, here is the first installment of the Acceleration Simulation as discussed in an earlier thread, and what better way to get it started than to share data on the hypothetical 'M' and '40i' models.

To be clear, this is an approximated simulation and cannot account for the infinite variables present in real world dynamics (temperature variances, custom tire coefficients, individual gearing and torque parameters at different speeds, etc), but Matthew Snare, Dr. Hesham Rakha and their colleagues developed (and verified) a remarkably adept construct in 2002 which appears to model maximum acceleration rates well, and their contribution to this subject is much appreciated. I have tried my best to develop a series of Excel spreadsheets using their recommended equations and have been careful in my attempts to avoid errors. Given the complexity and sheer volume of this data, however, especially for one not versed in this field, it is possible mistakes in the construct (and/or my methodology) have been made. If so, I apologize in advance.

As it takes a lot of time for me to perform these different simulations I am going to add the additional models as time allows, but at least we will have one centralized repository for this information. Once I have completed each model type's four simulated runs, I will then be able to compare across the models, which was the central reason for this project in the first place.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2