View Single Post
      01-14-2013, 12:19 PM   #20
am36
Squadron Leader
England
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0d M Sport - DSB Manual

Quote:
Lovely looking car. I have a CB M Sport with he aluminium exterior trim and rails and I think that it looks good with that exterios trim. Really good choice
Thanks QT...must admit that I got some inspiration from looking at yours, I was torn between Carbon Black (I have history with Graphite ) and the DSB and really think that the aluminium trim sets off the darker colours, just as the black trim contrasts really well with AW / lighter colours.

Quote:
Congrats! Is it a x28i or a x35i? I got the same color. Deep-Sea Blue is by far the nicest looking color! And it looks much better in person. Too bad many people write it off when they see it on website or in a brochure. Enjoy your car!
Cheers Ben, DonC is correct - its the 2.0 diesel. We don't have a petrol option in the UK. Agree - the DSB is very nice in 'real life'.

Quote:
Nice to see another manual on the forum, there's only a few of us on here. How are you finding the pedals? Every review I read before getting my car commented on the offset pedals, and said that as a result, driving the manual was a bit uncomfortable. I can honestly say that I've never noticed it being an issue and that it's a really nice gearbox/clutch combination. Certainly wouldn't have any worries recommending one to a friend in favour of the auto.

Your MPG looks realy good; I generally use mine for communting and other general sort of stuff, and I'm getting 38 to the gallon. Oh well, will have to get a few more motorway journeys in to see of I can get it above 40.
Kiernan - I read the same about the offset pedals and once did a detour to the dealers to specifically check it out. I need not have worried. Pedals are fine for me. I'm 6'3" and have a dodgy back, can honestly say that after getting out of the car after the 48 mile journey (took me about 1hr 20 mins) back from the dealer I felt as if i'd been in it for only 2 minutes! Agree - the manual box and clutch are well matched. Doubt my mpg will hold at that for my daily commutes .

Oz - glad yours is ok!
- F25 2.0d M Sport manual, DSB, black leather with fineline wave wood, Pan Sunroof, 368 M alloys, exterior trim and rails in matt aluminium, reversing camera, sun protection glass, windscreen with grey shade band, heated front seats, extended storage, powered tailgate, Xenon's, bluetooth c/w USB, DAB.
Appreciate 0