View Single Post
      01-12-2013, 04:56 AM   #11
am36
Squadron Leader
England
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0d M Sport - DSB Manual

Quote:
Question: I understood M sports had fancy Alu pedals -- well, I saw some pictures of that anyway. Is not not in the UK perhaps?
Buze - I've seen the same photo's of certain cars but not sure which come with the alu. pedals. I wasn't expecting them, all the M Sports I'd looked at had had the plain black - all were 2.0d's.

Quote:
Very nice. Congratulations! Too bad about the scratch, but they'll obviously sort it out, no doubt. I see your speedometer has both km & mph....weird. Mine came only with km/hr. You would have thought being so close to the U.S. they would have provided a dual speedo like yours. No big deal.

By the way, I see you're in Cumbria. I'm doing my Master's at University of Cumbria and in fact I was in Ambleside / Lake District for part of my studies, last October. What a beautiful part of England
BMWZ4 - Not sure what the law / regulations are re. the speedo's, but every car I've been in for probably the last 30 years has had the dual unit gauge (thanks to our Continental neighbours! ) Very lucky to live in Cumbria - as you say definitely one of the most scenic areas of the country (if not No. 1).

Quote:
Why can't we get a manual gearbox in the US?
Schmed - keep on lobbying!

Quote:
Congrats! I've seen a few DSBs now in the flesh and it's a fantastic colour

You only get the fancy dash with the graphics etc for mpg and efficient dynamics with pro nav I'm afraid

Hopefully that scratch can be polished out
sfax - thanks for the explanation - all the cars I have test driven / sat in at the dealers must have had pro nav. Its no big issue for me, happy the gauge gives you an instant representation about what's happening to the fuel consumption. The scratch is quite small - If a body shop cannot sort this out so that you cannot tell it ever existed then they need to cease trading! Like most folk that have found similar - I was just more annoyed that after god knows how many exams / pdi etc it still gets presented to the customer with a fairly obvious fault - you do not need to be at a certain angle and two inches away to see it. If was to be on any part of the body, rear bumper is about where I would pick.

Thanks for the rest of the comments guys!
- F25 2.0d M Sport manual, DSB, black leather with fineline wave wood, Pan Sunroof, 368 M alloys, exterior trim and rails in matt aluminium, reversing camera, sun protection glass, windscreen with grey shade band, heated front seats, extended storage, powered tailgate, Xenon's, bluetooth c/w USB, DAB.
Appreciate 0