View Single Post
      01-11-2013, 03:17 PM   #1
am36
Squadron Leader
England
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0d M Sport - DSB Manual

Picked up my new Deep Sea Blue M Sport - First Impressions

Picked up the car today...everything going well until I spotted a scratch (see bottom photo) on the rear bumper. Not the end of the world, and the dealer is sorting it in a week or so.

Just a few quick comments - from order to delivery, it was 7 weeks 6 days, probably one of the quickest UK orders?

I was a little concerned about my colour scheme that it would all look okay together, I shouldn't have worried - the DSB with black leather and the fineline wave looks spot on. Photo's are affected too much by flash to show it up properly and it was a bit grey and overcast (there's a surprise in Cumbria UK!). Only slight surprise I got and still not sure why - is that the rev counter has an analogue mpg gauge rather than the gauge most have??

Car had 5 miles on it at pickup. Gearbox (manual) is nice and smooth and after a couple of early selection errors (just wasn't used to the car), I soon got used to the ratios and the car's response when dropping down. I did have to contact the dealer when I wanted to engage reverse for the first time however (luckily on my driveway) as it seemed to require an excessive force to engage it (you do not lift or push the gear stick down, but push it past a resistance point). Probably just the newness - as the engine did seem quite tight as well.

Ride comfort I think is very good, I kept the sports suspension on mine. Having said that - I've had 3 sports cars on the trot, two of which had bone hard suspension. The drive back home from the dealer - approx. 48 miles, was enough to give me the reassurance that I'd made the right choice. Took it really easy, mainly in comfort mode and never got above 65mph. Hence the 45+ mpg.

Have yet to try all the bits and bobs out but generally very happy .
Attached Images

- F25 2.0d M Sport manual, DSB, black leather with fineline wave wood, Pan Sunroof, 368 M alloys, exterior trim and rails in matt aluminium, reversing camera, sun protection glass, windscreen with grey shade band, heated front seats, extended storage, powered tailgate, Xenon's, bluetooth c/w USB, DAB.
Appreciate 0