04-16-2012, 08:59 AM   #1451
Yeltzer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F25 xDrive 20d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsey View Post
ROTFLMAO

... reminds me of when we collected my wife's 135i ... due to some administrative oversight by the dealer, the vehicle was only "legal" on a Sunday ... despite being ready to collect the day before on Saturday ... Of course, the dealership was closed on Sunday ... what would you have done?

We discussed many options including the dealer dropping round our house, but the problem was it would not have been insured left on the street ...

... luckily the place my wifes worked at the time had a private underground car park just opposite the dealership ... so we arranged for it to be left there ...

Come one minute past midnight we drove it out the car park and home.

... sad really!
On the morning of picking up the Cooper I was that keen I was outside the dealership an hour before the arranged pick up time which was 15 mins after it opened in the hope of being squeezed in first. No such luck and managed to leave a load of things in the car I was part ex-ing. At least it gave me an excuse to drive back to the dealer in my brand new car