Thread: UK Orders
View Single Post
      04-09-2012, 08:30 AM   #1434
dnw
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 / 2014 520d MS

Well I picked it up Saturday and loving it so far. Will post pics when it stops raining, in the meantime a few 48hour/500 miles impressions:

Positives
-30d engine is sweet. I could never go back to a 4 pot (diesel) now.
-Carbon Black/Oyster/Fineline Wave combo is stunning, everyone has commented as such
-Very happy with the ride (Sport Suspension Deleted)
-No rattles at all on any surfaces [major touching of wood...]
-Voice entry of full nav addresses and control of music is fantastic

Negatives
-Wind noise. I hear it a little up to motorway speeds, but not enough to worry about, however anything over that and it becomes seriously unbearable
-Voice control for dialling numbers is way too long winded. I have programmed the function buttons as speed dials instead.
-They really could have picked a better voice for the car. She sounds bored as hell.
-I have the 'Rear view camera malfunction' message every time I activate it, even though it works perfectly. Connection needs reseating.

I will post a more thorough review after a couple of months and a comparison to the Q5. Of the negatives posted above, the only real disappointment is the terrible wind noise at high speed- although I'd rather have this than rattles...