View Single Post
      12-19-2014, 08:06 AM   #15
LeeAC
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultbruin View Post
That's an amazing deal, $6k off MSRP. Car on lot or custom order?
Something in the middle. The dealer didn't have the car I wanted on the lot so we went through a custom order online. The dealer checked if any similar models were available sooner and it turned out the exact same car was in production in South Carolina. I had to pay a deposit ($500?) to get the car reserved for my dealer since it was just a random production from the performance center.

I was given a production number and was able to track its progress. It arrived about 2 weeks later on the truck, so I presume it was around 75% built when we reserved it.

The key for me was to shop around dealers. The first dealer told me they would give it to me for 48K and they were not flexible about that. That was around Dec so that's AFTER all the Christmas deals. It didn't seem like a deal to me, so I emailed 5 dealers in my area and asked if they could do better.

The best dealer ended up being one that mostly does online sales. They have lower overhead since less people come in to the office and they worked very fast. No BS. They also gave me the most of any of the dealers for my previous car. So it was win-win. I still take my car to the dealer closer for maintenance, but I'll go back to my sales girl when I want another car.

Also, make sure you ask for A DETAILED print out of the price of the car. I wanted to see that the BASE PRICE was $45,000 as agreed upon, and that the taxes they were claiming were legit. The dealer made a fuss about "not normally doing that" but they eventually did. Don't let them take advantage of you. They'll try all these tricks to fit in extra "fees"!
Appreciate 0