03-19-2020, 10:39 AM   #9
Barbja
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
The 2018/19 clusters actually look nice and clean. I'm still not in love with the Live Cockpit Pro even after driving one for a couple of days in a rental.
In its default mode, I don't like it so much either; there's way too much stuff going on. It hurts my brain. I don't like the old one either; it's a step backwards from my F16 LCD dash which was the perfect amount of smashing.

I configured my X4 live cockpit to be in reduced mode, with the center section being route preview. Its the closest to what I had on my F16 in sport mode and gives me exactly what I need to drive: how fast am I going in a great big number in the middle of the speedo side. There's a few little icons around the outside edge to show settings (like do you have cruise turned on, LDW, ASS, etc), but I don't notice them unless I'm looking for them.

If I want to see the crazy-a** display for a bit, I can click on the upper button on the left stalk and it will come up. I have to do that to see the gas gauge (I guess they figure: who needs that unless they're running out of gas? -- and it starts showing shows up when you're at 100miles left -- but the miles left does not).
Appreciate 0