View Single Post
      11-06-2012, 08:30 AM   #1
lbjgh
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW X3 M-Sport

First service

Well with a little over 11K kms it's time to take the car in for some service.

I just installed the BMW winter tire package (307 & Pirelli Sottozero) on my car and notice the steering is pulling to the left & right (similar to tramlining) but this occurs on flat road surfaces. It tends to happen more noticeably when the car is cold. I set the tires to 32psi front and 35psi rear as per the manual.

There is also a vibration at higher speeds (110km/h+) so I do not know if this is caused by wheel alignment or tire balance. Also related to the front end, when I back out of my driveway I noticed a slight knocking from the front end when the wheels are turned to the left and I back over the curb depression at the street line.

Two other issues, the driver’s side arm rest has a lump under the vinyl and second, the car indicated a low coolant warning which subsequently disappeared when I restarted the car.

The final issue I'm having the dealer look at is the self dimming sideview mirror that don't seem to dim enough to cut glare like the interior mirror does.

I'll provide an update after the service.