View Single Post
      08-20-2014, 07:35 AM   #34
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by plymjack View Post
We visited the BMW Welt in Munich last year... there was a special section (cordoned off from mere minions) where you could meet a "designer" and work through you options for this "package".
Clearly aimed at the higher end models but an interesting idea... I think Alpina off something similar.
As I did with the 550i, I also built the Alpina version of the X3 - with met paint, Nevada leather, HK sound, Garage door opener, backup camera, and surround view, came to €74,750 (if my math is correct, that is roughly USD 100,000). It seems that is a different echelon aimed at the ultra-high-end auto enthusiast who also has such money to spend. I'm not in that rarefied air but am happy for those able to afford such.

With all of the buzz about some of the other Mnfrs' products, just enabling a segment of our X3 market to upgrade "to all-new heights of quality and luxury" for a mere fraction of the Alpina price (and still less than some of the other brands' offerings), it would seem to be a wise financial decision by BMW. I wonder how many have switched out of the X3, not because of its handling and performance, but for this reason alone?
Appreciate 0