View Single Post
      08-20-2014, 07:02 AM   #32
Max Well
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 BG X3MC, '20 BSM X3MC

Individual Composition as an Option?

While working on the 'Horsepower and Speed' project, the 550i drew my attention for what its aerodynamics and power would theoretically allow (if not limited). Just to see what one would cost, I 'built' one on the bmwusa site, and while doing so, noted those folks have the option of choosing 'BMW Individual Composition' for USD 6,100 ["BMW Individual reflects your own unique personality with a collection of exclusive paints, leathers and trims taking your vehicle to all-new heights of quality and luxury"].

As it seems a fair number of threads lament the fact that other manufacturers' products in our X3 genre seem to have 'higher quality' fit and finish than our X3, especially with the interior, the option of being able to upgrade to higher end for those who wish such would seem to make sense. Alot of us choose the X3 because it perfectly fits the size and load requirements we want, not just because we can't afford the X5. Especially with the X3 xDr40i and X3 M arriving, the bar is being elevated so that it would seem the X3 has matured to the point of at least offering this possibility. So I now include:

35. Offer the 'BMW Individual Composition' as an optional package
Appreciate 0