Thread: IOS5 update
View Single Post
      10-22-2011, 03:32 PM   #23
GenX3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i

Just to be clear...

I have a 2012 X3, BMW apps, adapter, BMW assist (no concierge), iPhone 4, iOS5, latest Pandora...

Pandora works okay as a "Plug In". So, no nice features like scrolling through your playlists, creating new playlists, changing playlists, thumbs up/down, skip etc. I think you can pause and resume. You still have all the normal Pandora options, but you have to access them from the actual iPhone, not the iDrive, which kind of defeats the purpose.

The "Music" app seems to work as designed. You can see your playlists, change them, fast forward, skip, etc. This is done through the Plug-In as advertised.

Has anyone figured out "Messages"? What are they? Are those iPhone messages, BMW Assist Messages, System/Car Messages, what.

Also, there's something out there about Google Maps and being able to send an address to your cars from Google Maps online. Has anyone got that to work? If so, please some instruction.

Lastly, has anyone used the BMW Assist Concierge Service? What is it and is it worth it. Not the accident notification, stolen cars stuff, the other package.

Thanks guys!

Packages | M-Sport | Cold I & II | Tech | Premium | Sound | BMW Apps, HUD, Net
Appreciate 0