View Single Post
      01-21-2011, 07:50 AM   #2
///MPower_2014
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 M3

6.5 sec 0-60 MPH for the X1 with and automatic according to the latest posts.

The current X3 non-turbo is 6.7 sec (auto), so with the I-4 turbo's higher torque, that should improve slightly, maybe 6.5 too...seems unlikely given the weight difference to the X1, but the gearing is probably not the same either.

The rumors are that the North American X1 won't get the I-4 turbo right away, it will use the same engine as the X3 xdrive28i. The post also claims the X3 xdrive28i will switch to the I-4 turbo in Q4 of this year, but it's not clear that is for North American vehicles or just everywhere else like the X1.

Any insiders who know the I-4 turbo is coming to the X3 in Q4 this year for North American vehicles for sure???? I've very interested as I would wait to purchase if thats the case...more power and better efficiency, bring it! It has balance shafts, so I wouldn't worry about it not being as smooth as the I-6...granted more cylinders is always smoother, but I doubt the I-4 would be considered rough...maybe the diesel version, but not gas.

I wonder if BMW will also make start/stop available in North America with the new I-4 too?

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=478254
Appreciate 0