View Single Post
      12-13-2011, 04:05 PM   #13
brissim
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 30d (2011 F25) - now sold

Probably only a few thing worse then having any accident in a week old new car - but we wont get into that.

What I take away away from this story of woe is what has happened after. As a first time BMW owner I'm very concerned not just about the apparent lack of spares for the F25 in Australia (although after my adventures with changing my OEM runflats for conventional tyres I probably shouldn't be too suprised about this), but also the apparent level of technical incompetence on the part of BMW Australia. I understood that it was next to impossible to order any spare parts for BMWs in Australia without quoting the chassis or VIN number - and then from this should come the correct spares for that specific vehicle.

And as for the wrong part in the correctly labelled box from Germany - what does that say about quality control at BMW in general.

Steve, I sincerly hope all turns out well in the end and that you can recapture that new car feelling. I trust I don't have reason in the future to question my own decision about choosing the X3.

Tony
Appreciate 0