View Single Post
      08-28-2013, 07:21 AM   #3
mac10
Private
England
Rep
Drives: Alpina D3 Bi-Turbo (SOLD)!

Yep!

Drove one on Sunday.......awesome piece of kit!!

Mine arrives sometime in September/October. Ordered in March, just after launch at Geneva. I was looking at an Evoque.......not a patch on the XD3.

Car is built in Spartenberg, as all the X3's but is then shipped to Germany to Buchloe (Alpina's Factory) where it is stripped down again, has it's own wiring loom, different cooling system, 2 turbo's fitted, different air intakes, Alcantara trim among other things depending on how you spec it.
It is a proper Alpina and not just a BMW with differing parts fitted to it on the BMW line as was the D3 Mono and Bi-Turbo's.
I have not driven an X3 but my god does this thing go, especially looking at how heavy it is. As the write up says though 'it's not a hot hatch'. Took it round some twisty roads by Sytner's Nottingham and the grip is impressive. I am told the suspension is also to Alpina spec and not standard fare, as is the gearbox all programmed to Alpina specific settings.
Where about in UK are you? If any where near Northwest come and have a look, once it arrives that is!
Sold out until April of next year! Even then build slots are going fast.
Sytner ordered an initial 15.....all gone!
Matt, Sytner's dedicated Alpina salesman told me that his boss said he wished they had ordered more!
regards
Mac10
Appreciate 0