View Single Post
      12-06-2016, 09:39 PM   #2074
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstevens View Post
I guess I need to play around more with video and manual in motion. For office in motion, I'll first need to get office to show up when at rest.

I think the issue may have been that when I drove around to test it I might have been driving too slowly. I believe I saw evidence that it was working earlier this evening.

I've heard of curbs. That's one a them city things, right?

We have a lot of unpaved roads around here. Hardly any curbs.

I'm just trying to take it slowly and step-by-step with making changes to my wife's car because I don't want to brick it. The help I've received here, particularly from you, has been invaluable.

My new M4 is at the dealer now, but I won't be able to get there to pick it up until Friday. I'm not eager to brick that, either, but my hope is that by then I'll have better understanding of what I'm doing.

Perhaps it should, but I can't get it to. Does one press and hold the lock button?

As I said, we no longer even have a tailgate release button inside this car (so I'm not even sure we can open it from inside any longer). Perhaps that's changed other aspects of the function of this system.

It was set to not active in our X3. That was easy to change. I just need to find some grass at the edge of a road. That may need to wait until the snow melts.
Sorry, I did not realize you had ID5. For that, Office, in general, plus it and Manual in motion will work. For Video, the coding only works up to 63 kph, unless you pay for script activation or use hardware bypass; a number of individuals are working on a solution, but nothing is ready yet.

For NGHB, make sure you are following F25/ F26 guide and not using codes meant for F80/ F82/ F83 or F15/ F16.

Re curbs: guess you will not have to risk curbing your rims while you test feature coded from factory on EU vehicles. The other option in KAFAS I like is switching to EU SLI.

As long as you follow standard warnings, then you should not brick vehicle. Usually, the worst case is coding does not work and you just switch it back.

Do you have HKFM_LS or HKFM2? Coding is different for ladder.
Appreciate 0