View Single Post
      03-12-2013, 09:39 AM   #13
The X Men
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by welkerbrads View Post
I have the 28i x3. You are discribing my wheels that I have. They are 17" with 245 55 17. If you have run-flat tires it will say RFT on the side wall. I am sure someone switched wheels with you. I plan putting the Michlen primacy on mine when my Bridgestone wear out. I had them on my 328i and I thought they did great.
Thanks welkerbrads, it sounds like the previous owner swap out the wheels for whatever reason. I have been doing a little research on the 17" Michelin primacy ZP runflat tires and they have gotten great reviews. Good snow, dry and traction, quiet and smooth. Too bad Michelin doesnt make this runflat for the 18" and 19" size.
You are lucky your did not come with Good Year Eagle LS. My 535i came with those and I ask my dealer to swap them out for the Conti runflats as a condition of my purchase. The Good Year Eagles have sidewall problems, there are a number of case of sidewall bubbles and rim damage. They are also terrible in the snow and the stopping power is horrible. Throw in the highway tire noise and rough ride, it seems like BMW really made a big mistake in using the Eagle LS as their OEM tire.
Appreciate 0