View Single Post
      05-08-2011, 09:55 PM   #46
Le Chef
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 35i

I come from a different set of reference points. I drove the original X3 and it had a very crude suspension setup with too little travel and too much bound stiffness to prevent roll. It was significantly stiffer than my 996 C4S at that time. The new X3 has leaps and bounds better suspension but has too much steering weight and self centering to mask the lack of feel. It's the classic deception. Also steering weight changes under different circumstances and speeds - so it's non-linear and not too predictable. Maybe for a "UV" that's OK but if you want to DRIVE this vehicle I'm not sure it's good enough.

I've not driven an X3 with the DHP set up so no idea how that affects steering feel and suspension. The dealer well north of Chicago I test drove an X3 with didn't have one with DHP so no joy.

And I refuse to do business with the shyster of a dealer in downtown Chicago. Quote "BMW have gone green so don't do printed brochures anymore, you just download them from the internet." To which the response was "I hear BMW is getting rid of salesmen at dealerships too because they don't need them anymore - you can just do business directly over the internet." Put that in your modem and smoke it!
Appreciate 0