01-05-2012, 08:39 AM   #1
ppduck
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW

Smile Some update with my 2 mths old X3 20d

hi all,

it has been a while since my last update on my 2 mths old X3,
recently i have driven the car from sydney to Gold Coast and return, and adding around 2.5k to the gauge and it has been driven around 4.5k so far. therefore, i want to share some of my thoughts on the X3 20d with others.

i am quite happy with the car, and the fuel consumption is excellent..... from sydney to Gold coast, the average fuel (L/100km) is around 5.8L/100km and at one stage, it got down to 5.4L/100km.
i have full tank from sydney, when i arrived at surfer paradise, i still had 1/4 of the tank left, so it means it only used around 45-50L of diesel. (as for 65L tank capacity)
the ride on the car is quite good, and i didn't set to sport mode on the damper control, i left it to normal for all the time when i drove this car.
the wind noise, i think it is acceptable even though i can hear it from the cabin, and it is not really bothering me.

there are only 2 things so far that concerns me with the car,
1. i can smell the exhaust fume of the car in front; even if i had pressed the air-cond. to recycle and All for for the dual climate control.... does anyone had this problem / issue as well?
2. from time to time, i forgot to press the Auto start/stop to off; i had a few time mis-pressed the start/stop engine instead while i am trying to switch off the Auto start / stop function during driving.....

other than the above 2 issues, i am quite happy with this car.... and it is quite enjoyable to drive in long distance as well......

thanks for reading this thread and please feel free to comments on....
Happy new year to everyone in the forum.....
cheers...
Appreciate 0