View Single Post
      03-16-2011, 04:28 AM   #13
DJ Daddy-O
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMX X3 F25 2011

Is the position this:

Without 6NF you have a choice - get a snap-in adapter which links the phone to the car's antenna and charges the battery. Phone connects to car by bluetooth and also uses this bluetooth connection for media (because you can't plug the phone in to the USB port), OR, don't bother with the snap-in and then you can plug the phone into the USB to establish the media connection. Phone still connects via bluetooth but you won't be linked to the car's antenna (better if you can) or charge the battery (doesn't worry me at all).

6NF closes the loop on all this i.e. you can get a snap-in adapter which connects the phone to the car's antenna and charges the battery. It also provides direct link via USB for media so you get all the functionality that goes with the direct link (album covers etc). The phone, however, still uses bluetooth to connect to the car.

Hope this is right. If so, won't bother with a snap in and will link my iphone via USB for the media functionality and rely on the phone's antenna.

I have had a look in the US owner's manual I downloaded and this doesn't shed any light on it.

Last edited by DJ Daddy-O; 03-16-2011 at 04:32 AM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0