View Single Post
      10-01-2012, 10:01 AM   #49
colson79
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i DSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francolargo View Post
On another thread I read about people's phones interfering with the wireless key system if the key and phone were close together. Intuitively, wouldn't routing the phone's signal through shielded cable to the shark fin REDUCE interference within the cabin? I believe so, and this may be sufficient rationale to justify the cradle - at least with some kinds of phones. I plan to buy and use the cradle, but I refuse to pay list price!

Still, the company clearly claims that the cradle improves the communication signal so I appreciate the efforts of those who have tested. There are various sources of signal degradation. I doubt that multipath interference due to buildings, etc. would be improved by a better antenna because each poorly-synched signal component would "benefit" equally.

Cheers,

Frank
I have this issue if I have my key fob and phone in the same pants pocket but if I put them in separate pockets there are no problems.