View Single Post
      04-12-2015, 01:22 PM   #16
djjohnr
Rep
Drives: 2015 X3 x28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordster View Post
1. There hasn't been a Ford Escape 6-cylinder in 5+ years. The Turbo (is that what you meant?) is quick, but barely faster than the CX5, recommends premium gas and gets MUCH worse mileage.

2. Kia Sportage is available with a V6 but drives like an unrefined turd, as you say.

3. The Tiguan is the size of an X1 or Q3, and not comparable to the X3 or Q5 that the OP asked about. It's also slow for it's size and fuel consumption.

The 2015 CX5 has plenty of power (185 hp, 184 lb-ft torque) but the transmission always wanted to upshift, so the only way to use the power was to keep your foot down or use the shifter and shift manually. I can see how you would confuse this with not having enough power - my in-laws made the same judgment and ended up buying a RAV4. (ughhh). The 2016 adds a Sport mode so that the transmission will allow you to enjoy the power more, and only does it's crazy upshift-to-save-gas trick in normal mode.
My bad, I meant the titanium that produces 231 hp, which is significantly more then the cx5. You could feel a huge difference between the two on a test drive. I don't care where you put the shifts, even when driving in manual mode the cx5 still felt like a 185hp lawn mower engine.

The Kia didn't drive like a turd, rather overly stiff. It was still a better drive then the cx5 to me.

Gas mileage was not a criteria when I was shopping. I have a blown out back that didn't get along with my WRX anymore. My criteria was something as close to a sports sedan driving experience as I could get while giving me the upright seating position my back needs for the least amount possible, with a caveat that it couldn't be fugly. That turned out to be the X3 for me.
Appreciate 0