06-08-2011, 12:03 PM   #377
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobT View Post
Firstly let me say how much I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts and its nice to know that I've not been the only one frustrated by dealer duplicity regarding delivery dates.
Ordered my X3 (2.0d) on 24.12.10 and to cut a long story short still not sure when it will be with me. Foolishly ordered the powered tailgate and bluetooth as options and I see from the posts that could be the cause of some delay (originally given April/May delivery date).
However the sunspots seem to have abated today and I've had an email from the dealer sales manager telling me that "production control" have confirmed the "status" of my car as 5055.
I've spent a good hour on the site trying to find out what "5055" means (yes I have emailed the dealer for an explanation but I'm not sure that my life expectancy meets his timescales for replies) without success. So apologies if its blindingly obvious where I can find this out but it would be greatly appreciated if one of you could elucidate for me. Thanks in anticipation !
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your order.

I think they changed all of the old codes to four digit codes and I couldn't find a full list of four digit codes either. You'll probably need the friendly description that goes with it to decipher it. It could be the same as the old 155 code which is "Production Completed".

I would call your dealer (don't wait for a reply ) and ask for status description and your VIN. They should have the VIN by now if it's in production or about to be produced

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0