06-16-2011, 11:45 AM   #14
whispered
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Carbon Black X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole7374 View Post
Ok so I'm a little freaked out by going to the car wash and having someone enable the auto park feature by pushing the off button...

Can I assume that the process for going to the car wash is as follows:

Pull up, drive onto ramp, put the car in neutral and then switch off. A message comes up about "the car being in neutral possibly to roll". then from there don't do anything but leave the key in the car?
The thing is... at least in my car wash, someone has to drive you car up to the machine that rolls your car along a track. Our neutral is a little weird in that you press down but not all the way down. If these minimum-wage people don't do it right, then they won't be in N but in D (or worse, R if they press it all the way up!) The procedure is to put it in N while the engine is one and then turn the engine off but leaving the ignition on. If the person driving your car presses the ignition switch again, thus turning off the ignition, then the car automatically goes into P. Let's just say that I am super not comfortable with anyone else washing my car anymore.
Appreciate 0