View Single Post
      11-29-2012, 07:26 AM   #1
rmbs16
Rep
Drives: X3 28i 2013

Moving on to the second generation X3

Last weekend ordered 2013 X3 28i with the following options;
Trading-in my 7.5 years old 2005 X3 with 100k (Blue Exterior and Oyser nevada a great combination).
Alpine White Exterior, Chestnut Interior with wave wood trim
Convenience, Cold Weather, Premium, Sports activity and Navigation.
The toughest decision was the engine choice. Test drove twice and finally picked up 28i based on the first instinct and personal preference. I always trust my first instinct when it comes to choices. No offense to 35i which is a great engine but I didn't see much difference between both. I have prices both version and the difference was only about $1000. (35i without sports and premium).
Since my wife drives 08' LR3 with 300HP and that would be our long distance driving vehicle, I don't need another 300 HP endgine.
My first color preference was Blue but family said they are sick and tired of seeing blue in my previous 2 BMWs (2001 X5 and 2005 X3). I liked the AW over black for two reasons. Maintenance and the X5 parked next to me at work is black and only looks good few days a month after the car wash.
The only option I skipped was the rear view camera. With 22 year driving experience, I would like to rely on my own senses of sight and hearing when it comes to driving.
BMW site shows that my car has already entered the production process and my dealer says nowadays, they are orders are being delivered within 2 weeks here in Boston. Hopefully I will get mine delivered before X'mas.
Thanks to the forum community for sharing their knowledge which was a big help in my research.
Appreciate 0