View Single Post
      08-20-2012, 04:23 PM   #5
HalcYoN
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3, 2000 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdg857 View Post
I had this problem and it was diagnosed as a problem with the Junction Box Electronics. My SA at Santa Fe BMW gave me a copy of the attached service bulletin. I am waiting for a call that the data file 2.47.0 is available to have
this fixed. It has been popping open for about two months on and off. They also said it could be the latch mechanism. but after testing they determined the data file needed updating.

UPDATE: I called my SA and he said the update is ready so I am taking it in Monday. I will let you know what transpires.
I am going to have to battle my dealership. The liftgate opened in the garage and when I went to open it, the garage door lost. I am having to repalce the garage door because of bent panels and track pins. Not cheap.

Of course, the liftgate took some pain. Two big dents and some scrapes. I want them to fix the cosmetic issue as it was a part of the other symptoms like opening right after closing and the close button not responding. But I am not askign them to fix the garage, so hopefully, they'll be cool.

Let me know if the fix worked or if you have any additional notes on the update.

2000 MCoupe
2012 X3
Appreciate 0