View Single Post
      01-10-2014, 10:04 AM   #22
mac10
Private
England
Rep
Drives: Alpina D3 Bi-Turbo (SOLD)!

I have one!!

It is a fantastic piece of kit, a few dislikes but they would also apply to the standard X3.

The ride is harder, but not too harsh, compared to my previous D3 Bi-Turbo, that would bottom too easily when I had four or five in the car.
The grip is beyond belief, suspension has been fettled by Alpina along with the gearbox, it has an Alpina loom, runs on standard tyres although a lower profile,larger air intakes, in fact it has a bundle of other things done to it over and above a standard X3.

All the pictures shown are from Alpina stock, now I think if they had driven it they would have taken pictures of their own. This review is the dogs, poor journalism!!
Piston Heads gave it a crap review also.........but look at how many other mags have given it four or five stars! One even saying, in their opinion it is a future classic.
Knocks spots off an Audi SQ5, according to another.
I think this is a case of 'Let's knock it for knocking sake'......being controversial will sell our mag....especially as so many other mags have said how good it is.

It goes like stink and yet returns a decent mpg.
It will embarrass many a 'performance' car.

Some Alpina aficionados object to it.....but others love it.

Don't knock it until you have tried it......all of next years supply have sold out!!
I wonder why!

NO in fact I know why!!

But I would be willing to bet you 'knockers' don't!
Appreciate 0