View Single Post
      04-01-2011, 07:00 PM   #4
Radioactive
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X3 28i '10 535i '04 325i

A Shamwow!

The wash mitt will lose the little things. I'm not a big fan microcloth to dry. I agree Hot Rims does a pretty good job of rim cleaning. Turtle Wax Ice is kinda weird stuff. The wax works great on patio furniture, haven't tried the wash.

I'm old school, so Carnauba wax is my preferred exterior wax. In 40+ years of cars the best wax I ever used was top of line Blue Corral Pure Carnauba (In todays dollars probably about $65 a tin). I've had good luck with Meguiar's Professional Mirror Glaze(will change it in future). For the black plastic I just started using Meguiar's Ultimate Protectant. The best black protectant I've used. After four years of college by the pacific ocean I detailed my daughter's 2004 325i and it brought the plastic right back. If you follow the directions, Invisible Glass does a great job on the windows. Follow BMW directions on your interior. I have read cases where continued use of interior protectants started to remove the finish on Bimmer's dash. For car wash I use Meguiar's Classic gold. For claying I used Clay Magic.

Oh yeah, cold beer.
Appreciate 0