02-22-2011, 12:51 AM   #9
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregoryw1 View Post
to each his own on the seats, but for my body type the back of the sport seats, like the area around the small of my back, is too far back (even with the side wings completely deflated) so not much support. for short rides its no problem but for a six hour drive I definitely noticed it - was uncomfortable. i imagine if I had the lumbar support I could have positioned it there to be a lot more comfortable. but then again I don't have it so I don't really know

re. tint - my X3 35i came with the back windows all shaded (its not like a tint film but the glass is dark itself) - but the driver and front passenger windows are clear. And I think the sunroof has the same shading as the back windows. not sure if it came like that due to the Sport Package or if all of them do
I don't think lumbar support would solve your problem. It only makes very fine adjustments to the contact points at your lower back. I would try making the seat back more upright and maybe increase the height of the seat. From the point of view of looking after your back, your legs should be at right angles.

I'll have a play with my lumbar support and give some feedback on how much it moves.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0