View Single Post
      01-12-2018, 06:48 PM   #13
nickname89
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riick View Post
I recently picked up a 2013 X3 x28i M Sport. Artic white with nevada black leather. Every option BMW offers except xenon lights and active cruise control with 34k miles.

BMW extended the warranty on the N20 engine until 2020 or 70k miles whatever comes first so no worries there.

It's faster than the 2010 BMW 328i it replaced and gets the same fuel consumption. It will easily tow it's 3500lb rating without breaking a sweat. I have the EcoHitch Stealth hitch ($375 shipped) and the Tekonsha T-Connector harness adapter ($96 on Amazon). Having the camera point at my hitch wasn't worth spending $1000 on the OEM stuff, who cares. The Ecohitch might not be as fancy as the others that cost twice as much, but the receiver still unbolts when not in use. $375 to remove a bolt to remove the receiver so there's no visible hitch behind the car or $900 to have a twist handle that does the same thing. No brainer. I can remove a bolt.

The only downfall of the 2013 is the ConnectedDrive will need a $1200 update to connect to ATT's network. Again, who cares if i can't unlock my doors on my cell.

I don't like the LCI update so I didn't get one. To me the LCI update makes things feel and look cheap. It's a downgrade in my eyes.

I also did not want the 35i for the $3000 premium. It offered no real world benefits other than worse fuel consumption. For $199 I can get a Burger JB+ Quick Install tuner which will make the 28i run circles around a stock 35i without the horrible fuel mileage.
Interesting on the warranty with the engine. Many people have said to avoid it, but maybe it's something to consider. I agree with you on the 35i being a bit unnecessary. Cheers!
Appreciate 0