11-26-2011, 12:53 AM   #17
fiddy yen
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Chef View Post
Why would you bother - it's a truck not a sports car. Spend the money on a used Miata/MX5 and autocross or track it. Much better FROI.
Good question.

Why buy a 35i instead of a 28i? Why does BMW offer individual? Why do people order //M models? What's the point of an X5M or an X6M? Why is there a market for tunes and suspension upgrades?

As rude as this sounds... no one asked for the opinion for to whether mod it or not. Question was merely to see what products are available for the vehicle. Contrary to the fact that you say its pointless, there's obviously some interest in modifications to your X3 otherwise you wouldn't have wasted your time on clicking the clearly stated title "Performance Mods".

I'll mod my X3 the way that I want... I am fully aware of the implications to modifying my new vehicle regarding warranty, resale, and overall quality. With the average age group of X3 owners, I am sure that most people are aware as well. Furthermore, having a sports car may not be the best vehicle to suit our needs. For us having a quick SUV that looks different from all the others may be our best compromise.

Sorry that your wife doesn't let you have a little fun
2006 BMW 330i - //M rep kit with custom exhaust, H&R springs, 19" VMR - SOLD
Appreciate 0