12-24-2011, 08:56 AM   #1120
Gossy
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude00 View Post
great thread....

high point - seeing the xenons come on for the first time 0 - 0

low point - wind noise is starting to irritate me, considering i had a z4 softop before, that's saying something!
Having lived with the new X3 for about three weeks now, I'm now completely settled in with it, it's my first automatic and as most would agree I'd never go back to manual through choice now.

When I ordered there were no details about a larger engine size than a 2l, but I'm really happy with it now I'm working the engine more after 2K miles.

In fact, there's only one thing that annoys me, so trivial but it's the radio, it keeps playing until I lock the car, not on ignition turnoff.

Is there anything I wish I had spec'd - just the HID lights, but I thought I'd spent enough at the time - also aquired a BMW 1200 GSA this year so couldn't hide both bills!!!

The last Beemer I owned was a series 3 tourer about 5 years ago, and I am really pleased with the build ths time round.

How are any of you cleaning the seats - Oyster, my denims seem ok so far, any tips on frequency or product anyone???

High points

Walking into the dealership placing an order last march.

Collecting in late November after being given 3 days notice.

Finding out after signing for the car that it had been behind me all of the time under a black cover with a big red bow on it.

Low points

Getting out after a journey!

Merry Christmas everyone