10-20-2011, 12:29 PM   #41
Beyu
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by twerle View Post
I used to love my 2007 328i because it was fast, well build, and was not too expensive to run. I don't like to drive truck like cars, and I do agree that the X5 has a better front end, is more rounded and the car looks more muscular. But 3 series is too small for my lifestyle with 2 babies and the X5 may be too big and expensive in the long run, so the X3 3.5 with sport package totally makes sense.
If you "don't like to drive truck like cars" and the X3 is a good enough size for you then I think the X3 would be a better pick for you than the X5.

Quote:
My apologies for those X3 owners that got somehow offended, when I said “I believe the new X3 looks great but it does not have that MAN looks that X5 has”, but you understand now why I was saying that.
I agree that the X5 looks more muscular and I guess "manlier" to others but just because it looks more muscular doesn't make the X3 in any way more feminine. I don't think there's a single car in BMW's lineup that would be considered feminine, certainly nothing like the RX350 or Nissan Murano.

In terms of looks I think these exteriors look the most muscular/aggressive:

X5 M-sport > X3 M-sport > Base X3/X5*

* I think the X3 has a better front than the base X5 but the X5 has a better back. I don't understand why the X3 can't have dual exhausts on each side instead of both on the left.
Appreciate 0