View Single Post
      12-21-2010, 09:59 PM   #19
Sp82
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F15 X5/G30 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus1 View Post
Just curious about the other time frames. My CA said that after a VIN is assigned you could begin tracking it. So, after you placed your order when were you able to track it? Were you given a VIN? Then how did things progress timewise? After you began tracking how long till finished? Hope you don't mind but I am trying to be able to get an idea about progress etc. Thanks so much and I too hope you get a great Christmas present!

Thanks.... I can tell you from my experience from ordering cars from BMW in the past---and the same this time around with the X....I've been able to track the progress pretty much from the day I put my order in--as soon as I got a production #....then obviously over time its given a production date, and it really begins then.
In the case of this car, I placed my order on 11/1. The car went into production 12/9 (Thursday) and was out of production, and released to a carrier on 12/17 (Friday). 3 days later--today, the car was assigned to a "trip/load" as they call it, and will be delivered to the dealership by "noon" tomorrow per the transport company...and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Thursday/Friday delivery... I'll keep you all posted.

Keep in mind I'm in the Atlanta area, so only about 150 miles or so from the Spartenburg factory, hence the car being here fairly quick

Let me know if you have any other questions!
Appreciate 0