06-19-2011, 04:36 PM   #77
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
Nice write-up LZ. Agree with most of it but I do the wheels first so that you don't spray any crap over the newly cleaned body work when you clean them.

I also use a different wash mitt for the lower dirtier parts of the car and keep one bucket of clean water for rinsing the wash mitt after every application so you don't return dirt to the soap water bucket
I sometimes wash the tires/wheels first, but not usually. My problem is that I am fighting the clock. I have limited shade on my driveway in the morning - once the sun crests over my roof I lose it quickly. I have to get the entire vehicle washed, rinsed and dryed before the evil rays of the cursed sun burst down upon it. Ergo, I do the car first - the wheels I can do in sun because they get rinsed so fast. And I have rinsing the wheels without getting anything on the clean car down to a science!

I have a purpose designed car wash bucket that has a grate at the bottom to trap any grit below where the mitt can pick it up again, which helps.

On a humorous note, I discovered a few years ago that if I put my address into Google Maps and selected satellite view - then zoomed in, it showed me out washing my car. I thought that was appropriate!

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0