View Single Post
      02-27-2011, 08:20 PM   #21
flash3
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahoa View Post
Sorry if that read rude, wasn't intended that way -- was thinking "quick bit of info".

They just don't need rotations -- blew my mind. Went to the service center and asked how much it cost and how often. The service guy was actually taken aback as I must be the only rube in my area not to have known this. He nicely collected himself and explained that the car doesn't need to have it's tires rotated.

We've had 4 (and a Mini) now and it's true. They wear evenly and don't need rotating. You won't find it in the manual as a maintenance item. Good thing, too, for the split configurations where the front and rear are different sizes.
It didn't come out that way, at all.

Thanks. So no rotations/balancing but how about alignment? I am assuming it's included in the same concept, eh?

If the above mentioned aren't needed, then the tire/wheel warranty is more for protection of damage to the wheel/tire then it seems, correct? I am debating whether to purchase it or not, because down the line I'd rather use that $ to purchase better tires.

Thoughts are welcomed.
Appreciate 0