View Single Post
      07-30-2012, 02:52 AM   #22
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

Recapping some of the more interesting notes, along with some theories:
  1. I believe this is the first time Scott himself has confirmed that the F8X will come with a revised N55 inline-6. Still no word on displacement.
  2. BMW's x40i engine will also be based on a revised N55 producing 400hp. BMW is really getting its money worth from the N54 and N55 platforms...
  3. X4M will get a CF roof option, next-gen X6M will too.
  4. X4M will have electro-mechanical steering, all but confirming that the F8X will.
  5. X4 will get two M Performance models underneath the X4M -- one diesel, one petrol. X3 will likely get the same ones too.
  6. "Z4 sDrive 35is" moniker will be replaced with "M Z40i" or something similar after its LCI, and get a power bump with that revised N55.
  7. It's likely that the F32 will debut with an M Performance model wearing this same revised N55 -- M440i. I'd expect the F30 to get a similar treatment with an M340i at the same time.
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0