Thread: UK Orders
View Single Post
      07-05-2012, 12:11 PM   #2101
Cropwell
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d msport xdrive

[QUOTE=philtrick123;12271604]Hi Washy, I'm also contemplating a 3.0d. I'm intriqued to find out current lead times. I presume this is dealer dependant i.e. they are allocated (or bid for) build slots.

Also I'm trying to find out what discount you can squeeze out of them. Some forum members have mentioned max 6% or 7%+

Just had a voicemail from my dealer to say that car has departed plant and delivery should be third week in July !!
In answer to you question the lead times do vary, I think the lead times on 30d and 35d are generally shorter than 20d.
I ordered mine March 21st and was originally quoted delivery end of June so it has slipped back. Hard to guage any exact pattern as delivery lead times will be dependent on spec that you order and worldwide orders, most production will be LHD for US market which will take priority. I presume that the factory will juggle orders to batch up similar spec cars to make the production efficient so it may not be dealer dependent.

With regard to discounts this is probably more dealer dependent, I found the deals on the 3.0d to be better than the 2.0d. I got about 6% and they threw in the £350 service pack and paint guard (does anybody pay for this ?- strikes me as nothing more than sales toy to make you feel better when they chuck it in FOC). Again discounts may depend on time of the month and dealer sales targets and your negotiating skills.

Ordered:

Ordered X3 3.0d SE
Space Grey
Red Brown Nevada leather
Y Spoke 308
Sport Steering Wheel
Panoramic sunroof
Sport seats
Folding mirrors
DAB radio
Bluetooth
Service pack