View Single Post
      04-28-2011, 01:08 PM   #25
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BXM3W View Post
So I ended up calling Momentum and talking to a rep about the 28i M-Sport being sold on eBay. I asked her to confirm if the Normal, Sport, Sport+ switch was indeed in the car as I was skeptical that they may have used different pictures for the vehicle. Her manager went and looked at the car being sold and confirmed that the switch is in the vehicle.

Then she looked at her internal system to check the configuration. I asked to her to send it to me and it's pasted below. Low and behold, Dynamic Damper Control is a part of M-Sport on a 28i!!!! After seeing the option list, I checked the sticker price picture again. I didn't see it earlier but the 4th line under M-Sport Package you can see that DDC is on the sticker!
Yeah but this still doesn't prove its the damping. In the X3 manual it says that DDC "Dynamic Driving Control" is in the sport packages and adjust the transmission to Normal, Sport, and Sport +. So the button might just be there for transmission adjustment, Suspension is Normal or Sport (Sport + doesn't effect suspension with damping), this might still not be included.

BMW is really deceiving by having DDC mean two different things with similar functions, Dynamic DRIVING control and Dynamic Damping Control.
Appreciate 0