View Single Post
      01-02-2009, 12:49 PM   #13
lindseynobles
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 3.0i

X3 problems

I just got my X3 a couple months ago, had a few problems so far. It's an 05, about 51,000 miles. First the rear passenger window regulator blew, now I am having problems with the driver's window. When I have it a few inches down and push the automatic close it closes all the way then goes right back down to where it was on it's own. It doesn't do that all the time, but it just started happening. Also in reverse the passenger side mirror will go down, then when I put the car back into drive the mirror travels too high and I have to readjust the side mirror after ever couple reverses. Other than that I love the car it drives amazing especially in the snow. It's comfortable and roomy, the heated seats are awesome.
The drivers side low beam bulb burned out, and I'm trying to figure out how to change that on my own, where I bought the car (nissan dealership) told me the light bulb alone would be 90 dollars, the BMW dealership said they would replace the lightbulb and the labor would be about 89 dollars. I priced the bulb at autozone and it's about 17 dollars, so if anyone knows how to pop the cover off the backside of the light bulb I would be happy to hear what tips you might have. Thanks!!
Appreciate 0