View Single Post
      04-28-2011, 04:16 AM   #1
thefreeze
Hans
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 2.0D

Change of colour? Delay in delivery!

I had second thoughts about the color combo that I ordered so I asked the dealer to change from black to mineral silver.

Reason for the second thought is the fact that I like the Black X3 much better without any chrome or aluminium trim on the outside (especially after having seen Alpineweiss' Black X-line deleted version :-)

Usually cars look better with some chrome, but not the black X3 (IMHO). Not that it's ugly, but it just looks a bit more bold/tough in all black.

Unfortunately I cannot remove the X-Line and aluminium roofrails anymore as that would mean that I have to change the complete order at the lease company. That is a bit too much hassle.

So I asked the dealer to change the color.

My car was planned to be delivered at the end of October but he told me that there is a risk that changing the color might change the production slot... And since the X3 is "sold-out" in Holland for 2011 I might be looking at delivery in Feb/March if I change it!

Thanks for listening :-)

(I do realise that there are worse problems in the world)
X3 20D auto High Executive. Moonroof, privacy glass, sport seats, professional audio & sat nav, 19" 309 wheels summer, 18" 307 winter, X-Line, Xenon, parking heater. Mineral Silver / Oyster leather interior, wave trim. V70 2.5T (private)
Appreciate 0