05-15-2012, 10:25 PM   #3
BeeMdblU
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F86, F25, G16

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher-b View Post
Carbon black is, in my opinion, hands down the best production car paint color I have seen. You absolutely must see it in person - pictures do not capture it at all. At first glance the car looks black and then you notice the blue showing through in the bright sunlight. However, you can only get carbon black if you pay for the M-sport package.

I had sapphire black metallic on my 330 and it is an excellent choice, but a distant 2nd to carbon black. In low light the car looks black, but in sunlight you see the metallic shimmer. I also think BMW got the names of these two colors backwards - carbon black is deep blue (sapphire) and sapphire black shows graphite tones (carbon).

As for the shadowline trim, I think it looks great with carbon black or black sapphire - but I don't think it looks very good with most of the lighter colors, except alpine white. It is a gloss black finish on the window trim instead of the unfinished rubber window seals on the base model.
cool thanks for your insights thrasher-b will definitely to carbon black in person, also I'm taking the M-package regardless
Appreciate 0