United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 28i

Garage List
2014 BMW 528ix  [0.00]
2013 BMX X3 28i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpgreen3 View Post
I'm about to purchase my first BMW, and I've got a couple questions for everyone. I've basically decided on the options I want, but I've got a few final decisions to make. Would love some guidance!

1) the standard radio/sound system or the premium hi-fi system? How much better is the premium system, and do you think its worth the extra $875?

2) roof rails-- I'm probably going to get a black exterior, and I'm not sure the satin aluminum rails will look good. Should I go with the high-gloss rails instead? (and am I right that the high-gloss rails are black?)

3) Mojave or Chestnut interior? I'm down to these to colors. I'm worried that the Chestnut might be too bold, and I'll regret the choice after a few months. But I worry the Mojave isn't bold enough. thoughts? (and does the Mojave go well with both the wood trims-- Sienna and Wave?)

Thanks all!
--J
1. Premium sound has deeper bass and more clarity. It also has an equalizer that allows for more tonal flexibility. If you like to listen to music, get it. If you're just using for news and talk radio, don't.

2. With a black exterior definitely get the black roof rails. If you buy the aluminum ones they'll stand out too much. Do you want the contrast of the beautiful wheels or the roof rails? IMHO, roof rails should not have attention drawn to them.

With the M-Sport package the trim around the windows is black which is even more of a reason to order black roof rails.

3. I love the Mojave intererior. Reminds me of an old briefcase I own. Would've gotten if my wife didn't like the sand beige more. The chestnut is bolder, but having all the black everywhere else it would be a nice contrast.
Sienna or wavy would look good IMHO.
Appreciate 0