View Single Post
      03-25-2013, 01:38 PM   #31
Briant73
Rep
Drives: Highlander

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnestHouse View Post
My back to back test drives of the two were very informative and seeing the cars in person affected my view of visual appeal.

I drove an M sport X3. When you do your test drive of the sports seat, take the time to adjust them. I found them nothing to right home about and I erroneously thought the thigh support would be helpful to me at 6' tall. IMHO, the additional thigh support neither added or subtracted. Only you can judge the comfort for you though. YMMV

One nice thing about the X3 packaging is that you can get DHP even on the 328i whereas you have to get the top of the line 3.0T Prestige trim on the Q5 to get their equivalent.

For me, rear seat comfort on trips is important for my passengers and AFAIK, the Q5 and Touareg seem to be the only ones in the category that let you adjust the rear seat forward/backward and tilt.

Do post again after your drive.
The local dealer only has X3 with the standard seats so far but I did sit in a 328i with them for a few minutes and they weren't bad but without driving can't say.

I felt the Q5 was better than the X3 for rear passengers but I need to see the X3 to really compare. One thing is I don't have more than one other passenger routinely but if I did have rear passengers more often I'd just keep my Highlander or something similar for 5 passengers it has much better room especially rear seat than any the vehicles I have looked at.
Appreciate 0